Episode 5 of This Podcast Is… Uncalled For.
Chris Hurt is, among other things, a very talented improvisational actor and a geek, both of which are discussed on today’s podcast. We even participate in an improv exercise called The Alphabet Game.
Chris is also responsible for coming up with the name of the Winning Side Coaches podcast, and discusses his reasoning for coming up with the name.
Improv exercises mentioned here:
- The Harold
- The Alphabet Game (actually demonstrated on this podcast)
- The Armando (the name of which Chris remembered after we finished recording)
Clips from Whose Line Is It Anyway?
The Planet Comicon video Mike referenced later in the episode.
Links associated with this episode:
- Z-Teca at Crown Center
- Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Westport Coffeehouse
- Green Room Burgers and Beer
- Jill Bernard’s Small Cute Book of Improv
- Wikipedia page on Brony fandom (Chris is one)
- South Park
- Naka-kon – Anime convention in Kansas City
- Wikipedia page on Power Rangers
- Star Trek
- The Well – podcast co-created by Anson Mount, aka Captain Christopher Pike on Star Trek: Discovery (I highly recommend their “Martini Samurai” episode)
Music used in this episode: