Episode 27 of This Podcast Is… Uncalled For
Today is the first time we’ve used Blog Talk Radio for our podcasting needs.
Jered Feldman is one of Mike’s old high school friends who shares three distinct experiences with Mike:
- They met in geometry class during Mike’s freshman year (Jered was a sophomore).
- Both were involved in Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (NJROTC).
- Both played wide receiver and defensive back on the SMW Vikings football team.
Jered also talks about his having been in a coma for two weeks in 1998 – a period of time that saw Mike visit him in the hospital every day.
Jered is now living in Springfield, Missouri (hence the need to call it in) and recently had a child.
- ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) – a standardized test required for US military enlistment
- Wikipedia for Henri Childs (the only member of that SM West football team to go pro)
- Wikipedia for Henry Childs (Henri’s father, who passed away in 2016)
- Hampton Roads – the Norfolk-Virginia Beach area on the Virginia coast, where Mike did his NJROTC trip in 1995
- The Hope Diamond – Mike took a (non-flash) photo of this on his 1995 Norfolk-Washington NJROTC trip (sadly, the photo is long lost)
- NAS Oceana – located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, site of Mike’s first experience with veal parmesan