This is a unique Thoughts episode indeed. And recorded in a timely manner.
We start tonight with a drink recipe: the Doc Saunders. Here’s how you make it:
- 4 parts Coke (or whatever cola you have on hand)
- 2 mint Mentos (can substitute with some mint flavoring)
- a few dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 part Johnnie Walker Red Label whiskey
- 1 part rum (we’re using Bacardi Gold)
- a little water
Now to the serious part: we remember three persons who had a tremendous influence on our host, and who continue to watch over this podcast today. They are:
- Cheryl J. Czerniewski, Mike’s mother (we are recording this on the 10th anniversary of her death)
- Ryland Lundy, one of the many co-hosts of the Winning Side Coaches podcast and President of the Kansas City Young Democrats
- David Berry, filmmaker and musician who worked with Mike and a few of our previous guests
We miss and love you all, and thank you for looking over this podcast.
Further, we don’t want to get into trouble with the copyright gods, so here is something we wanted to include in today’s episode: David’s song “Kalifornia.”